William IV Rosewood Tea caddy With Mother Of Pearl And Pewter Inlay.
A superb sarcophagus rosewood tea caddy dating back to c.1836. The box has pewter borders with mother of pearl circles. It has a mother of pearl key and top escutcheon with the initial “A C 1836”, the key is only for decoration and doesn’t work the lock. The box houses two rosewood canisters with mother of pearl and pewter inlay, with the letters “G” & “B” for green tea and black tea and a crystal liner to the centre in beautiful condition . The back of the inside lid has the same inlaid pewter and mother of pearl patten.
The box sits on four rosewood feet. It measures 32 x 17 and stands 26cm high.