Victorian Burr Walnut Stationary Box With Wedgwood Plaques.
An unusual domed top burr walnut stationary box dating back to c.1850, the box has brassbound straps to the front and back with wonderful light blue and white Wedgwood plaques to the top and front. The burr walnut is wonderful right the way through the box. Open the lid to revel a makers label “Leuchars 38, Piccadilly”, the original blue silk material to the back of the inside lid, the original stationary rack which has been relined with a beautiful blue handcrafted marble paper to match the original blue material. The box has a ebony slip to the inside.
The box features a working lock and tasselled key.
22.5 x 12 and stands 17 cm high